Annual Downtown Waynesburg Christmas Parade
First Saturday in December stepping off at 2:00 p.m.
The Annual Downtown Waynesburg Christmas Parade has been hosted by the Chamber of Commerce for many years. The first Christmas parade in Waynesburg was held on Saturday, December 3, 1938 with an estimated 7,000 people in attendance. Santa made news across the state because his truck ran out of gas which delayed his arrival in front of the courthouse.
The parade features marching bands, pageant queens, firetrucks, floats and many other types of entries. The grand marshals each year are the Chamber’s Distinguished Service Award and McCracken Legacy Award winners. The parade is videotaped by Waynesburg University for playback on local access channels prior to the Holiday. The parade lines up beginning at noon on the north side of Waynesburg using several parking lots and streets around the parks. Promptly at 2:00 p.m. the parade begins at the corner of High and Richhill Streets. The parade proceeds to the corner of High and Cumberland street where it disbands. The parade generally last between an hour to an hour and a half depending on weather and usually consists of 90-100 units. The guest of honor, Santa himself, closes out the parade riding on an the 1925 American LaFrance fire engine owned by the Waynesburg-Franklin Township Fire Department.